Student Parent School Compact
KOHALA MIDDLE SCHOOL
Our Kohala Middle School Vision: to educate students to achieve academic excellence and inspire them to become life-long learners and productive citizens.
Kohala Middle School empowers students to achieve academic and civic excellence.
I will demonstrate literacy through the attainment of the General Learner Outcomes:
· Be Responsible for my own learning by setting priorities and goals, managing time efficiently and taking responsibility for my own actions.
· Be able to work well with others in both academic and social contexts
· Be an effective thinker and problem solver; understanding that there are different ways of looking at and solving problems.
· Be able to recognize and produce quality work.
· Be an effective communicator in speech and listening skills.
· Be able to utilize technology ethically and effectively.
Student Signature Date
I will encourage my child by doing the following:
· Ensure that my child attends school regularly and on time.
· Provide support in the social development of my child and will support the school’s discipline plan.
· Establish good study habits at home through a routine for homework and a quiet place designated for study.
· Provide encouragement and be aware of my child’s progress.
· Maintain regular communication with the school.
Parent Signature Date
I will commit to the following to help my student’s achieve:
· Engage students in appropriate experiences that support their development as independent learners.
· Provide Standards based learning experiences.
· Utilize appropriate teaching strategies and materials to address different learning styles.
· Provide a positive and safe classroom environment.
· Apply appropriate assessment strategies to monitor continuous intellectual and social development of the learner.
· Participate in on-going professional development activities.
· Report student progress and provide timely feedback to parents in support of learning via, phone, email and TeacherEase.
· Embed the core concepts of literacy within instruction (reading, writing, speaking, listening, problem solving, thinking critically, using technology, skills for a global society, collaboration, and applying real world skills).
Teacher’s Signature and printed name Date
As a partner in the learning process, I will do the following:
· Provide school and instructional leadership
· Nurture a culture of high expectations and positive climate.
· Maintain high standards of professionalism
· Create a professional development program aligned to the school’s Academic and Financial Plan.
· Foster positive relationships with parents and community.
Principal’s Signature Date
****TEACHERS PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THE SIGNED COMPACT TO THE OFFICE, MAINTAIN THE ORIGINAL IN YOUR HOMEROOM.*****